This is your Cemetery District. The following guidelines are meant to facilitate the uttermost care and improvement of the maintenance of the District. We respectfully request that these regulations be followed. If you have any questions, do not hesitate to contact the District office.
- Cemetery interments rights may be purchased from an authorized representative of the Board of Trustees at the business office of the Palm Springs Cemetery District. The terms of sale are cash. Upon payment in full, a Certificate of Ownership of Interment Right, will be issued to the purchaser.
- No interment may be made, or other service rendered, until all charges for interment and site have been paid in full. An Endowment Care Deposit will be requested on all interments in Welwood Murray Cemetery in cases where an Endowment Deposit has not been previously made. Delivery of a valid interment order will be permitted at the time of interment with prior approval of the business office.
- A District approved vault, liner or metal receptacle shall be used in every interment.
- Only a cremation may be interred in a cremation site. Only a child may be interred in a child's site. An adult, a cremation, or a child may be interred in an adult site. An authorized representative of the district may approve one cremation interment in an adult site where an adult has been interred.
- Interments may be made within the following scheduled times:
- 8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. commencing May 1
- 9:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m. commencing Oct. 1
- To allow adequate Burial time, persons attending committal services shall leave the cemetery by:
- 2:30 p.m. commencing May 1
- 3:30 p.m. commencing Oct. 1
- Funerals departing from the cemetery grounds after hours specified above shall be subject to a detention fee.
- Saturday and Sunday interment will be based on District scheduling availability. No interment will be made on legal holidays. Orders to open grave must be received during business hours of the preceding business day.
- The opening or closing of an interment site or the placement of any headstone, flower container, plant, tree or any other ornament or device shall be made by employees of the District only. For the purposes of uniformity, no vault, liner, metal receptacle or vase shall be supplied by anyone except the District.
- No person(s) shall remove sod, or place/pour any sand, gravel, rocks, cement, wax or any metal of any type in vases, jars, cans or flower containers on the site or around the headstones, in order to avoid hazards to equipment and to ensure the safety of cemetery employees.
- Interment site, services, or any part thereof, may be transferred by a signed release from the owner or next of kin and the consent of an authorized District Representative. An Endowment Care Deposit will be requested prior to the transfer of Burial Rights in Welwood Murray Cemetery in cases where such a deposit was not previously made.
- The viewing of human remains within either Desert Memorial Park or Welwood Murray Cemetery will not be permitted.
- Dogs, pets or animals of any kind will not be permitted on the cemetery grounds.
- No Alcoholic beverages are allowed on cemetery grounds.
Headstones are a lasting memorial to loved ones. Out of respect for families involved, we have established a set of rules to maintain the orderly appearance of the cemetery.
- Headstones may be granite, bronze or other material that is approved by an authorized representative of the Board of Trustees. No marble headstones are permitted.
- The following sizes are acceptable:
With Concrete Borders All Granite with 3" Sanded, Washed or Flamed Border Adult sites 12" x 24" 18" x 30" Companion/double adult sites 12" x 36" 18" x 42" Children and cremation sites 10" x 20" 16" x 26" Companion/double cremation sites 12" x 24" 18" x 30""
All companion/double headstone must be centered between two sites. All headstones must be rectangular with smoothly cut edges on all four sides and preset in 5” concrete with a 3” border on all sides.
- Any manufactured or fabricated reproductions of a picture on or recessed into the headstone will be subject to approval by an authorized representative of the Board. Prior to setting of the headstone, an agreement to hold the cemetery and its employees harmless shall be executed by the owner of the burial right or authorized representative and, if applicable, the funeral director supplying the headstone.
All preneed headstones placed on a burial site after May 15, 1993 shall be subject to a second setting fee, excluding endowment care, at the time of interment.
The District shall, in no way, assume any liability for damage or vandalism after the placement of a headstone.
The placement of flowers on the sites of a loved one is a time-honored tradition. It is an expression of the love and remembrance of those who have passed from this life. It is a beautiful memorization.
The following regulations were established in order to maintain the beauty of the cemetery. We respectfully insist that they be observed.
- All floral arrangements will be removed on Wednesdays at both Desert Memorial Park and Welwood Murray. Flowers may be returned after 3:00 pm on that day. During the summer months flowers will be removed as necessary to maintain a tidy appearance.
- Not more than two 6" potted plants for flowers may be placed on a grave. A single decorative insert must be placed inside each potted plant or flowers. The total height of the potted plants or flowers with a decorative insert must not exceed 18" from the bottom of the pot to the top of the decorative insert. The decorative insert must not exceed 8" in diameter.
Day decorative inserts are allowed:
Valentines Day, Easter, Mother’s Day, Memorial Day, Father’s Day, 4th of July, Thanksgiving, Birthday of Loved One, Anniversary of Loved One's Death
Decorative inserts on any other days are not allowed and will be removed.
The decorative insert must be placed inside the potted plants or flowers. All other placement on burial sites in violation of District regulations will be removed.
- Any grave or urn niche vases must be purchased at the District office for the use of fresh cut or artificial flowers.
- No decorative ornaments or ornaments of any kind are allowed on a cremation urn niche.
- Artificial flowers are allowed year-round; except as noted in item #1 above.
- Winter Holiday decorations will be allowed to remain for a two week period during the month of December through the New year. The actual dates will be set annually by the District.
- The use of glass vases or receptacles, including candles, other ornaments or devices are prohibited.
- No plants, floral arrangements, artificial flowers or other ornaments are allowed to be taped or affixed to cremation urn niche.
- Every reasonable effort will be made to care for flowers and plants, but neither the District nor any of its employees will be held responsible for any placements that may be lost, stolen or misplaced.
- Cemetery personnel will remove all placements on burial sites and urn vaults in violation of these regulations.